What is a company Profile and reasons why your Business needs one
If you have just opened or launched a new business in Nairobi or anywhere in Kenya and you would like to make a good first impression, to prospective clients, then a well-prepared company profile design is an essential marketing tool for your Kenyan business.
Well, what is a company profile? Google’s definition of a company profile is: a professional introduction of the business which aims to inform the audience about its products and services. Another definition is: a description of a firm’s history, structure, resources, performance and reputation. I prefer the latter.
A powerful company profile is a great way to attract customers and prospects. However, it need not be sophisticated in the hopes that it will bring more clients. This is a misconception which numerous managers and business owners have.
A company profile that is loaded with heavy language is difficult to understand and creates a disconnect with the audience. What you need is a professionally written and designed company profile that will provide your business with the uniqueness it needs and deserves, leaving a good and lasting impression on the readers’ mind.
So, why would you need to invest in a company profile?
- It is an informative platform, highlighting what the company stands for, which in turn serves as a road map detailing the business growth. What you have accomplished so far and what steps you’re taking to do even better.
- Whether you’re a large company or a small business startup, a company profile helps you in engaging with prospective clients; prospective employees and even the media to help them better understand what makes you different and better. Highlights characteristics that make you stand out from your competitors.
- Serves as an opportunity for your company to tell its own story, the way you want it told. Your company profile is a chance for you to talk about your strengths, important achievements and awards while downplaying other areas that may not be too strong. Whether you prefer branding your image over selling yourself; it is all storytelling, just the way you would prefer it.
- A great asset in building and aiding in brand promotion. Your company profile is an effective tool whether it is in creating business relationships or marketing a new value innovation. It is not an unchangeable or fixed tool; rather it is quite a dynamic tool that can be used to drive different aspects and components of your brand.
- Can serve as a sales synergist. If you intentionally target and market to the right client, you are more likely than ever to garner up sales. Your company profile can act as a complimentary material to help in such achievements.
- Creates Brand identity. Having a company profile has the potential of positioning your brand as an expert in that field/industry. It also helps your prospective clients have a definition on what you do.
- Direct Marketing. Whether by direct mail, physical meeting or through social platforms, your company profile can help in marketing your company and attract customer buy-ins. It can be used as a complementary tool during marketing strategies.
Your company profile is so much more than just a product brochure. It vibrantly engages with your prospective clients about your company’s uniqueness and offerings.
In conclusion, don’t put your company in a defensive position while contemplating on whether or not you should embark on taking the above reasons seriously. Guess what? Your competitors are already getting started on generating new content for the design of their new, more effective and sales-oriented company profile. After all it is the new wave of growth for your business.